Strange message while trying to recompile FreeBSD 4.6

Peter Guhl pgnews at siconline.ch
Thu Mar 10 06:47:32 PST 2005

Hi

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 15:28, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:13:47 +0100
> Peter Guhl <pgnews at siconline.ch> wrote:
> > I have an old box where 4.6.2-RELEASE has to be updated to the latest
> > (last?) releng. After I made cvsup work compiling the kernel ends with:
>
> 	After a cvsup you must do a make buildworld before attempting
> a make buildkernel, and building a kernel with config is not expected to
> work.

Oh... thanks. Then I probably was lucky since I did several
kernel-builds without doing a buildworld before.

BTW: I did a cvsup to RELENG_4_6 ... and got to the conclusion that
RELENG_4_6_2_RELEASE is a much better idea. Am I right?

In between I did an error and tried to cvsup RELENG_4_6_2-RELEASE (type)
- ended in the error  "unknown option "MAXUSERS"" - not caring if there
was a "maxusers" in the kernel config or not. Strange :-)

Regards
    Peter