ndis problem with stable kernel source

Nicholas Basila mlists at northglobe.com
Thu Mar 3 06:21:12 GMT 2005

Daniel O'Connor wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:45, Nicholas Basila wrote:
>

>>I've been getting an error building 5-stable on an i386 P4 notebook. I'm
>>using an ndis_driver_data.h file that I successfully used on
>>5.3-RELEASE, and even 5-CURRENT before the 5.3 release. I tried
>>rebuilding the file with ndiscvt. The file came out the same as my
>>original, but I still had the build error. Here's the error (this
>>failure is after the make depend... during the make):
>>

>How did you run ndiscvt? Where did you get the driver from?
>etc..

Well, I've been using the official HP driver. I ran the utility like so:
ndiscvt -i name_of_nt_driver.inf -s name_of_nt_driver.sys -o
/tmp/ndis_driver_data.h

I then copied it to the compile directory of my kernel. Make depend runs
correctly, but it crashes out during the linking phase of make. I have
these options at the bottom of my kernel config:

options NDISAPI
device ndis
device wlan

As I said, this worked perfectly with 5.3 and even 5-current before the
5.3 release. I tried building the stable version of ndiscvt, and that
didn't produce a different header file. I did a cvsup two days ago, got
the error, and did a new cvsup tonight.