Need really cheap IDE mirroring PCI controlled for FreebBSD 4.10

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 05:51:08 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:27:07 +0300, Artem Kuchin <matrix at itlegion.ru> wrote:
> Can anybody recommend cheap IDE mirroring PCI (2.0, not 2.1 or 2.2)
> controller with just 2 IDE ports which works fine with FreeBSD 4.10 ?
>
> It is to be installed on a very old motherboard (1998) and two 40GB IDE
> driver (more or less modern ones, at least not used ones for  sure).

sorry I don't know of any really cheap one's off hand, altho I do have
experience with 3Ware RAID cards on 4.x.  They seemed to work well,
and they are less expensive than proper SCSI cards...altho slower.  If
cost really an issue would it be worth mirroring your disks in
software via VINUM?

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~