On recent crashes

Chris Phillips SysAdmin at Rainbow-IT.net
Tue Jun 28 15:59:30 GMT 2005

Matt Juszczak wrote:
> Other people I've seen complain seem to be running SMP.... Not sure if
> that has anything to do with it but its the only similiarity I can pull
> out from any responses I've gotten.

I have 5 modestly powered i386 boxes on 5.4-RELEASE and the only time I
have had any complaints regarding system stability, is when running an
SMP kernel AND Nagios (which is a known problem - I think it's with
Nagios rather than FreeBSD).  Otherwise, I'm almost completely happy.

ChrisP