FreeBSD -STABLE servers repeatedly crashing.

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Mon Jun 27 23:58:19 GMT 2005

> Can you please build kernel with debugging and obtain a crashdump?

High activity on the box today caused us to be able to crash it again
within 9 hours.  I configured all steps per the developers handbook, but
when I went to do savecore, it said "no dumps".

It appears the machine is completely locked up when it does a kernel trap.
The keyboard is non-responsive, and the machine hangs and doesn't reboot.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  For now I am going to
take the box out of SMP mode which will hopefully keep it stable until I
can find some further instructions.

Regards,

Matt