index.php

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Sun Jun 26 18:22:12 GMT 2005

Maher Mohamed wrote:

>how can i make my server link to be redirected to the index.php
>
>i hve a web page at http://150.140.210.79:2005/~mahmoh
>the thing is that if i make the index.html to index.php the whenever i
>go to the url above
>i have to add the extra /index.php
>
>can i get rid of that? is there a way?
>
> --
>Mohamed M. Maher

You should modify your DirectoryIndex line in httpd.conf in such way:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php index.phtml

According to that, the webserver firstly looks for index.html, if it
doesn't exist, then for index.html.var...
The index.php is the third in this example, but You can use a different
order.

Cheers,

Gábor Kövesdán