syslogd: Logging subprocess ... exited with status 126

Nikolay Pavlov quetzalcoatl at bk.ru
Sun Jun 26 09:16:52 GMT 2005

On Sunday, 26 June 2005 at  9:20:54 +0100, David Malone wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 11:05:17AM +0300, Nikolay Pavlov wrote:
> > local3.info           | /var/run/nmd.log
>
> > syslogd: Logging subprocess s 1358 ( /var/run/nmd.log) exited with status 126.
>
> If you say "| /var/run/nmd.log" it means "run the program
> /var/run/nmd.log and feed the log messages to stdin of that program".
> I'm guessing that /var/run/nmd.log is a logfile and not a program,
> thus you're getting an error because it is not executable.
>
> 	David.

Thanks, David for fast response.
It's not a simple log file, but FIFO and I thought that this should working.
If I misunderstood something is there any chance to send syslog output to FIFO
file or pipe, because the query-log from named that I'm going to handle is
very extensive.

Best regards,
	Nikolay Pavlov.