ATA DMA timeouts [NOT FIXED] (forget my last mail)

Martin nakal at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Jun 24 14:53:03 GMT 2005

Hi (again),

believe it or not. After sending the last mail and closing
firefox, the system has been hanging for a few seconds and
spit this out:

ad0: TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA retrying (2 retries left) LBA=226025086

I'm back on kernel of May 26th again. This time I did not have
a corrupted file system or at least not as badly corrupted that
it panics the kernel, like the first time.

Usually my system has DMA timeouts very early while booting up
and creates mess on the file systems.

Sorry for causing noise. :(
I'm going to test a kernel every week and report, when the
problems are gone.

Martin