EHCI: mtools stuck in state 'physrd' or panic

Stefan Walter sw at gegenunendlich.de
Fri Jun 24 14:16:37 GMT 2005

Mike Tancsa in gmane.os.freebsd.stable:

> If you reformat the USB stick with UFS2, does IO still hang the box ?

I haven't tried that, but instead tried to just dump the whole USB stick
to a file with "dd if=/dev/da2 of=stickimage bs=1024". The dd process also
hung in state "physrd" eventually, and about a minute after pulling out
the USB stick the system panic'd.

Furthermore, I tried the same (both mcopy and dd) on my notebook (Centrino
-> Intel ICH4 chipset), which didn't have ehci in its kernel until then,
either. It worked flawlessly, multiple times.

Stefan
--
No reading beyond this point