libc.so.4 & libc_r.so.4 in ices0

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 24 05:34:18 GMT 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Kevin S. Brackett wrote:

> Well, the problem is when libc and libc_r are linked together, I
> recompiled without -lc and it's now fine, but not really what i'd consider
> a great fix...

I suggest you go do some research -- look in our archives and
man pages.  libc is linked automatically; you don't want to
specify it yourself.  Link order is important; your application
must be linked to libc_r (or libpthread/libthr) before libc.
Using -lc_r -lc will work, -lc -lc_r will not.  Just let
the compiler link to libc for you.

--
DE