howto update freebsd 4.7 release to 4.7 stable

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-stable at theloosingend.net
Tue Jun 21 11:18:02 GMT 2005

* Khanh Cao Van [2005-06-21 09:16 +0700]
>  So I have to update my 4.7 release to 4.7 stable . But I do not know
>  how to do make it . I've looking everywhere but could not find any
>  clear document about it . Please help me !
>
>  PS : I'm not going to upgrade my kernel 4.7 to 4.8 or anything else ,
>  just 4.7 only . Thank for reading !

There is no such thing as 4.7-stable, there is a 4.7-release, and there is
a 4-stable (among others). The -stable-branch is a moving target, right
now, it might be calles 4.11-stable, since 4.11 was the latest release
that was spawned from this branch, but it's not exactly 4.11 either.

"4.7-stable or later", means that you will have to at least upgrade to
4.8-release if you want to comply to the requirements of your software
installation. And while you're at it, I would strongly advice you to
upgrade all the way to 4.11, unless you have strong reasons not to.

If this does not fit you, then you either need to install an older version
of your software, that does not require 4.7-stable or later, or not
install the software in question at all.

Svein halvor