ATA_DMA errors (and fs corruption!) (JM)

twesky twesky at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:01:40 GMT 2005

My laptop works fine with Fedora Core 4.  I'm not sure it's a hardware
issue, and I don't have an identical laptop to test.  Do we know the
last working stable version?

actually, that makes a lot of sense.  my computer running FreeBSD is
actually just an Eden 5000 V-series.  the cable is trimmed to fit the
2.5" hard drive in the tiny case and i'm sure this is having something
to do with the timeouts... however the harddrive is recognized as UDMA33
but the cdrom still times out.  thanks for the input.  note: this setup
works fine in windows... maybe someone should take a look at this
issue?  i'm running the old 5.3-RELEASE (too lazy to update) with a VIA
VT8231 SouthBridge (82xxxx ata controller).