kpdf crashes with LIBPTHREAD_SYSTEM_SCOPE set (Was: Re: FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux)

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 20 16:41:09 GMT 2005

On Saturday, 11. June 2005 17:05, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> You can set the environment variable LIBPTHREAD_SYSTEM_SCOPE to force
> libpthread to use system scope.

I've played around with that variable (set it in .xsession) and found that
kpdf (from graphics/kdegraphics3) will reproducably crash if it is set.
Unsetting it in a shell running on top of a KDE started with
mentioned .xsession and launching kpdf from there will remedy the problem.

The backtrace I get is probably useless, let me know if (and how) I should
recompile libpthread or other system libraries with debug symbols ...

This is on 5.4-STABLE, two-three weeks old.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org