FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux

Michael Schuh michael.schuh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:48:59 GMT 2005

Hello,

yes random IO is more targetted to Databases.
noop, i have the installation always made in the same way, and i have respected
the different diskperformace in different disk-parts.....
this was the reason for

#cd /;

at the beginning of my tests.
In the first test i have me shooting self in my foot and i bites me in
my ass :-)))

my suggestion going more in the direction...first solve all disk(ata) related
performace issues, then test the mysql-performaces issues again to secure
that you are not lying on an mixing of many problems.... :-)

I think this was better then seek around corners that are not so relevant... or
the result is not so dramatically....

greetings

Michael