Routes not deleted after link down

Sten Daniel Sørsdal lists at wm-access.no
Sun Jun 19 19:55:02 GMT 2005

Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

> My vote is that we should implement this functionality and make it
> switchable via sysctl. I'd leave the default as is.
>
> What is opinion of other networkers?

How about also adding a sysctl for setting a delay time between event
and disabling of the route? Then even people with roaming wlan cards can
benefit.
Also it is in my opinion that the route be disabled (moved to a passive
route table maybe?) and not deleted.

At my old job i came across situations where the lack of this feature
caused headaches and once or twice the loss of a customer.

--
Sten Daniel Sørsdal