FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux

Matthias Buelow mkb at incubus.de
Fri Jun 17 22:09:38 GMT 2005

Andreas Braukmann <braukmann at tse-online.de> writes:

>no. But I don't mount them "async", either.
>The default "noasync" in combination with softupdates
>on disks with disabled write caches is perfectly fine
>with me.

"Noasync" only makes sense in the absence of softupdates. With
softupdates, metadata is written asynchronously (I mean, that's the
whole point, or at least half of it.)

Besides, I thought you were talking about synchronous mounts (i.e.,
synchronous metadata _and_ data writes, which for most uses are just
impractical).

mkb.