Atheros drirve

Freddie Cash fcash at ocis.net
Thu Jun 16 15:51:51 GMT 2005

On June 16, 2005 12:14 am, Eitarou Kamo wrote:
> Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> >On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:05, Eitarou Kamo wrote:
> >>Is there the Atheros wi-fi driver with WPA encryption.
> >>Do I need WPA_supplicant like hack?

> >I'd say you need to use wpa_supplicant but I don't see it as a hack..

> I'll try the *tweak*.

How is it a hack or a tweak to run a supplicant that handles all the WPA
setup, configuration, and maintenance?  You have one central program that
can be used by multple drivers, allowing for faster / better development,
and less reimplementation in each driver.

Plus, I've yet to see any Windows wireless drivers that didn't need the
Aegis protocol driver also installed in order to use WPA.  :)  At least
you can configure how the wpa_supplicant works -- I've yet to find a way
to tweak the Aegis protocol in Windows.  :)

--
Freddie Cash
fcash at ocis.net