New Server - To 5.x or Not To 5.x

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Tue Jun 14 19:59:36 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 12:05, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Is there anyone out there using 5-STABLE and UNIONFS that are happy with
> it, or is it still very problematic?

This probably isn't the heavy-duty example you wanted, but...

I run 5.4-STABLE on a laptop, and mount /usr/ports/distfiles read-only from
another server via smbfs.  Then, I use unionfs to
mount /usr/ports/localdistfiles above /usr/ports/distfiles.  This is hardly
in the same league as running a database or mailserver through unionfs, but
it certainly seems stable enough for my limited needs.
--
Kirk Strauser