/usr/local/etc/rc.d/*.sh not working?

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Jun 14 15:48:25 GMT 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

> For example, I have a server with about 400 separate MRTG daemons on
> it.  (Yes, they must be separate, for administrative rather than
> technical reasons.)  Each daemon has a custom script.  These aren't
> ports, and they have no rcNG infrastructure.

that many, eh...

perhaps you're running into a shell command line limit somewhere
which does something like

foreach i (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/*.sh)

and having that glob expansion blowing up in the shell.

not sure the solution other than having one script that reads a
config file and does the multiple startups.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806