I need Help with the mozilla plugins, with acroread7

Patrick Bowen pbowen at fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 11 23:35:27 GMT 2005

Maher Mohamed wrote:

>LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
>/usr/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
>[/usr/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so:
>Undefined symbol "stderr"]
>
>I get this message after i instled the "linuxpluginwrapper" what else
>do i have to do to avoid this.  i heared that i should make changes to
>the /etc/libmap.conf, the question is how and wich line in particular.
>
>please answer me in a full matter, because the browser so far made my
>life harder
>
>thank you in advanced to all of you friends
>
>Mohamed M. Maher

Hi Mohamed:

Looking thru the FreeBSd mail archives I found the following link;

http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?50436.64.81.112.182.1116702567.squirrel

It describse the problem, and the solution, which involves adding "/usr"
to the entry for the acrobat7 reader. I tested it myself and it works
perfectly. It's such a simple fix that it completely eluded me when I
had the same problem. I'd just taken to using Konqueror to read PDF's.

Hope this helps...good luck.

Patrick