ACL not supported on 5.4?

Brandon Fosdick bfoz at bfoz.net
Sat Jun 11 23:08:20 GMT 2005

Björn König wrote:
> Hello Brandon,
>
> I get the same error messages if ACL are not enabled. I just want to
> make sure that you didn't overlook the part of the handbook where it
> says that you have to enable it.

It seems that's exactly what happened. Thanks for pointing it out.

> By the way, the option -k won't work on non-directories at all, see also
> the manpage of setfacl.

Ok, then the handbook needs fixing because it says "The -k flag will remove all of the currently defined ACLs from a file or file system", which would seem to imply that it works on files. Naturally I would have known better if I had read the man page, but I didn't.

Are handbook bugs handled through send-pr like everything else?

Thanks