Performance of 4.x vs 5.x (Re: Lifetime of FreeBSD branches)

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 20:45:49 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kris Kennaway" <kris at obsecurity.org>
> Jeff said he'll merge it in a week or two after it's been well-tested.

Been running it here on our ftp which was getting major issues with
disk access spiking "system" usage to 90+% making the server totally
unresponsive for 5 - 10 seconds at a time.

With the patch things are MUCH better. No problems to report and
the server is under major load including some heavy disk access as
I clean up some dirs with 1.4 million files in a single dir /me slaps users
:p

    Steve