FreeBSD 5.4: Is it generally unstable?GCC broken for amd64 ? (was Re: FreeBSD 5.4: Is it generally unstable?)

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Fri Jun 10 12:14:18 GMT 2005

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:22:41PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > You can't make the archive search, but Google Groups can (and does) very
> > well. I search the mail list archives far more frequently with Google (or
> > Google Groups) than with the archive search tool.
> Sure you can..there's a message ID search right there on the search
> page!  I already posted a link to this.

Kris wrote		http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html
I tried		 	http://www.freebsd.org/search/
clicked to		amd64
moused in the original message ID I had quoted
			20050602082615.GA36096 at dragon.NUXI.org
& got the posting by David O'Brien
			http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=218610+222256+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-amd64/20050605.freebsd-amd64

It wasn't a search by key field of Message-ID, just a search
for arbitrary text, content being the MessageID. But it worked.
( I had vaguely assumed the search box on front of
			http://www.freebsd.org
& search after clicking "mailing lists" on  front page, leading to
			http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

probably would have been unified searches,, but not so, I guess one
search comes standard with ports/mail/mailman, & the other is special
to freebsd.org site.
-
Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.