RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 9 18:25:56 GMT 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Goran Gajic wrote:

> I can also confirm that mount of NFS exports works ok with uipc_socket.c
> v1.208.2.18 - so there are some problems with v1.208.2.19

1.209 introduced a significant bug, so I backed it out as 1.210:

revision 1.210
date: 2004/08/20 16:24:23;  author: rwatson;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -3
Back out uipc_socket.c:1.208, as it incorrectly assumes that all
sockets are connection-oriented for the purposes of kqueue
registration.  Since UDP sockets aren't connection-oriented, this
appeared to break a great many things, such as RPC-based
applications and services (i.e., NFS).  Since jmg isn't around I'm
backing this out before too many more feet are shot, but intend to
investigate the right solution with him once he's available.

Apologies to:   jmg
Discussed with: imp, scottl

The merges to RELENG_5 and RELENG_4 need to be backed out ASAP.  I've CC'd
John-Mark since he's the author of the original change, and just did the
MFC.  You'll want to back out the change locally until the fix has been
committed.

Robert N M Watson