5.4-RC2 freezing - ATA related?

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Wed Jun 8 10:12:43 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-May-31 16:47:19 -0700, Steve Watt wrote:
>>> The vnode locks are held by processes:
>>>  PID   name        waiting on
>>>  487  perl       [ufs c3c1c1b4]
>>>   57  syncer     [snaplk c535f500]  (holds 2 locks)
>>>  476  perl       [ufs c87e4f1c]
>>>  489  perl       [snaplk c535f500]  (holds 2 locks)
>>> 3337  mksnap_ffs [getblk d77656f4]
>This is a filesystem lock problem, not an ATA driver problem.  I analyzed
>it, and posted the results to -hackers last week, with the subject "snapshots
>and innds".

I saw your previous post but the symptoms don't look the same to me.
Your deadlock has mksnap_ffs blocked on ufs whilst Elliot's problem
has mksnap_ffs blocked on getblk.  getblk is a lower level call
(physical I/O) and I don't see how a FS problem could cause problems
for getblk calls.

--
Peter Jeremy