RAID-1 as back-up

Hans F. Nordhaug Hans.F.Nordhaug at hiMolde.no
Fri Jun 3 22:26:25 GMT 2005

Dear list,

I would like to use RAID-1 as a back-up solution. If one of the disk
breaks I would like my server to continue to run from the other disk.
I have followed the mailing list for a while and read some howtos,
but I'm not sure if this is possible (without doing all kinds of tricks
when the accidents happens - removing meta data and so on). In
addition, I thought, gvinum was the way to go, but hasn't there been
some problems with it (reported here lately)? I'm running 5.3 - what
do you recommend - gvinum, ccd, others? What is the definitive howto for
the recommend solution. Thx for your time.

Regards,
Hans