DELL PowerEdge 2850 and FreeBSD 5.4

David Barnett davidb at santacruz.k12.ca.us
Thu Jun 2 09:52:26 PDT 2005

Gary,

I'm fighting the same battle on two new 2850's and two 1850's; "Interrupt
storm detected on "irq18:uhci2"; throttling interrupt source".

These machines have 2GB of ram and I using the i386 5.4Rel. version.
This happens
right after the reboot at the end of an install from CD.  I've chosen to
install "all",
and bring up the ethernet interface.  When I get the message, the
machine is unresponsive
to keyboard input or pings; basically frozen.  I also tried 5.3 Rel.
with the same results.

 From searching the lists I concluded disabling USB might be worth
trying, so I did that
in the BIOS.  I'm still getting the same message and freeze.

How are you disabling USB?  It seems that has worked for you.

One tidbit, they have the DRAC 4/I remote access controller cards in
them, but I have no
reason to believe they're involved at this point.  Oh, and firmware is
current throughout.

Thanks for any hints.

Dave Barnett