DELL PowerEdge 2850 and FreeBSD 5.4

Alan Jay alan at cyclopsvision.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 01:08:56 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have a Tyan based 1U computer with twin Xeon and 6Gb RAM which we recently
installed 5.4 Release on.  When we recompiled the kernel with the SMP and PAE
options it would randomly reboot but so far (touch wood) using it with just
4Gb or RAM and removing the PAE kernel (just leaving the SMP one) it seems to
be stable.  We have yet to successfully get a PAE kernel to run consistently.
While running the ACPI/HTT and SMP seem to work ok have you tried this?

ALan