Consistent file system hang with RELENG_6 of today ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Fri Jul 29 02:21:44 GMT 2005

'k, I'm starting to play with 6.x, for our new server ... my priority
right now is to just have it run the existing 'jail' environments from my
4.x machine, while I work on getting all of our servers up to 6.x, and
then will worry about the jail's themselves ...

When I try and startup the 4.x jail on my 6.x machine, it "hangs" the file
system that the jail directory hierarchy happens to be mounted on though
... twice in a row so far ...

Now, I'm suspecting (and am going to try without it) that it might be
because I'm mounting devfs within the 4.x jail, but even then, it
shouldn't hang things up, only generate a whack of errors ...

I have a good dump (CTL-ALT-ESC -> panic), but do not have a clue what to
offer from within there that might be of any use ...

If anyone is interested ... ?

thanks ...

----