setting sysctl-values with loader.conf (5.4-STABLE)

Holger Kipp hk at alogis.com
Tue Jul 26 13:35:27 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have trouble setting sysctl-values via loader.conf
on my 5.4-STABLE from 25.06.2005.

This is my /boot/loader.conf:

--- 8< ---------- snip ---------------
# settings for xine
kern.ipc.shmmax=67108864
kern.ipc.shmall=32768

# load sound module
# snd_via8233_load="YES"           # via8233 for ASRock K7Upgrade-880

hw.ata.atapi_dma=1
vfs.read_max=16

--- 8< -------------------------------

Unfortunately the only one that gets set is
hw.ata.atapi_dma=1
what should I do to set the other values and
why are they not set accordingly? Changing the
settings by hand after boot works without
problems, though.

After booting this is what I have:
hw.ata.atapi_dma: 1
kern.ipc.shmmax: 33554432
kern.ipc.shmall: 8192
vfs.read_max: 8

Side note: loading snd_via8233 does work after
boot on this board, but during boot it is messing
up the soundchip, resulting in a loud beeping
noise (it has no ogain, but wants speaker set to
something different than 0).

Help appreciated.

Regards,
Holger Kipp