My Seagate Baraccuda doesnt PROBE on version 5.x

James apach3s at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 04:54:29 GMT 2005

Hi!

I was using version 4.x of freeBSD and it works fine. In a
following days, I decide to change on version 5.4. During on
booting process and detecting hardwares, in a bit of portion my
two (2) Seagate 40G Baraccuda ( Primary Master and Secondary
Master) was not been successfully detected and I dont know why.
This what display on the screen.

For 5.x Version
-------
ata0-slave: FAILURE - ATAP_IDENTIFY timed out
ata0-slave: FAILURE - ATAP_IDENTIFY timed out
ata0-master: FAILURE - ATAP_IDENTIFY timed out
ata0-master: FAILURE - ATAP_IDENTIFY timed out
ata1-slave: FAILURE - ATAP_IDENTIFY timed out
ata1-slave: FAILURE - ATAP_IDENTIFY timed out
ata1-master: FAILURE - ATA_IDENTIFY timed out
ata1-master: FAILURE - ATA_IDENTIFY timed out
ata1-slave: FAILURE - ATAP_IDENTIFY timed out
------

For 4.x Version it display the way like this:
-------
ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
..
..
..
ad0: 38166MB <ST340014A> [77545/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA100
-------

Anyone could help me for this my problem? Reply on this my email
address :)

thanks in advanced.

james

JaMeS