Machine Replication

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Thu Jul 21 20:25:14 GMT 2005

I had a shell script that would replicate a machine when I ran my ISP; you
put the loader and partition table, plus a minimal system on the new machine,
then ran the script and pointed it at the "source".

SSSSLLLLUUURRRRPPP!  In about 20 minutes it was done.

Not hard to do at all with a simple shell script.....

Used this all the time to "push" new OS versions out to the cluster (a
couple of dozen machines) when I was done testing them.... as well as
adding new machines to the existing cluster as demand warranted.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org		Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://homecuda.com		Emerald Coast: Buy / sell homes, cars, boats!