GEOM_STRIPE Problems on Reboot

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Thu Jul 14 17:18:12 GMT 2005

On 7/14/2005 7:57 AM Pertti Kosunen wrote:

> Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>
>> So where in the boot sequence is GEOM_STRIPE loaded?  I'm starting to
>> suspect it's being loaded twice.  I have it in /boot/loader.conf
>> which is where I thought it should be.  Is there anywhere else to check?
>

> If you have GEOM_STRIPE in kernel do you have to load it from
> loader.conf?

No.  I have tried it both ways.  Compiled in kernel and *NOT* in
loader.conf.  And *NOT* in kernel and load  geom_stripe.ko from
loader.conf.  Same error either way.  The only exception is that when
GEOM_STRIPE is compiled in kernel, I can't (obviously) use the
kldunload/kldload workaround to make the stripe accessible..

I have also tried removing the line that loads the module from
loader.conf and *NOT* having GEOM_STRIPE compiled in the kernel.  I
wanted to see if GEOM_STRIPE still got loaded to test Giovanni Tirloni's
theory that the module was being loaded twice.  GEOM_STRIPE was not
loaded when removed from loader.conf (as expected).

So I'm still stuck.  Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help.  I'll try
anything at this point.  :)

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse