FreeBSD -STABLE servers repeatedly crashing.

Blaz Zupan blaz at amis.net
Tue Jul 12 11:18:23 GMT 2005

> Could you try SMP kernel without IPF support and without using IPF module?
> Could you confirm, that your SMP kernel is not crashing when you do not use
> IPF?

Interesting that the box has survived almost two days now, while it was always
crashing after at least 8 hours. Anyway, I have compiled a new kernel without
ipfilter, I have used pf instead (the configuration changes from ipfilter to
pf were mostly minor). We'll see how long the box survives now.

Blaz Zupan,  Medinet d.o.o, Trzaska 85, SI-2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz at amis.net, Tel: +386 2 320 6320, Fax: +386 2 320 6325