init: can't exec getty 'none' for port /dev/console: No such file or directory

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Jul 1 19:36:38 GMT 2005

Please don't top-post.

On Fri, 2005-Jul-01 20:17:47 +0300, Bashar wrote:
>Peter Jeremy wrote:
>>You should have the following line in /etc/ttys:
>>console none                            unknown off secure

>True its set to on, but i believe this change was requested from the DC
>to enable the remote console for the box.
>
>would turning it off effect the remote console from working?

No.  The 'console' entry is just a marker.  By "remote console" I presume
you mean "serial console".  The easiest way to get a serial console is
to put "-P" into /boot.config and unplug the keyboard.  (For other ways,
see boot(8) and sio(4)).

In order to enable logins on a serial console, you will need to turn on
the getty for ttyd0.

--
Peter Jeremy