SATA Problems - ATA_Identify timeout ERROR - using Tyan S5350 with FreeBSD 5.4 (Adaptec AIC-8110 Compatibility maybe?)

Alan Jay alan at cyclopsvision.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 13:51:59 GMT 2005

Totally agree - I have 2 idential machines that have the same problem
And have tried alternate hard disks all of which exhibit the same
Problem.

I would agree with you that the ICH5 must be common and the Tyan S3530
(http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tigeri7320r_spec.html ) with the Intel
6300SEB which I would have thought (as you say) was very common.

I did notice that Tyan offer the Adaptec AIC-8110 SATA I controller as an add
on module and I wondered if that might be supported but it doesn't seem by
that number to be on the release list (any thoughts).