Problems with 5.x

Matt Emmerton matt at gsicomp.on.ca
Fri Jul 1 03:14:34 GMT 2005

> On 6/30/05, Matt Emmerton <matt at gsicomp.on.ca> wrote:

> > > More information required (as almost always):
> > > - type and model of maxhine?
> >
> > It's home-made.  It doesn't have a type or model.  FWIW, it's ran
FreeBSD
> > fine since 3.2.
>
> It may be a home-made system, but you do know the manufacturer of
> the motherboard, and type of processor(s), and amount of RAM on the
> system.  This information may help find some one with a similar setup
> on the list, and does have it working.

Well, I already gave all this information, but just for those who need to
read things twice:

Motherboard: DFI 686IPX
Processor: Intel Pentium II 266 MHz (Slot 1)
Ram: 128MB Generic; 4x16MB 72-pin DIMM + 1x64MB 168-pin SDRAM

While I'm at it, a dmesg from 4.10 is posted at
http://www.gsicomp.on.ca/~matt/5x/dmesg.410

--
Matt