Interrupt load high after 73 minutes uptime with ath(4) hostap

Martin nakal at web.de
Mon Jan 31 12:40:08 PST 2005

Am Montag, den 31.01.2005, 10:23 -0800 schrieb Sam Leffler:

> This is a known problem in the ath driver in stable that should be fixed
> in current.  I expect you are operating 11g.  Unfortunately backporting
> the necessary changes is very hard and not something I intend to do.

I've configured my card like this:
ifconfig_ath0="inet xx.xx.xx.xx netmask xx.xx.xx.xx ssid XXX channel 6
mode 11b media DS/11Mbps mediaopt hostap powersavesleep 1 wepmode on
wepkey blah"

Small question:
I don't know why, but a low "powersavesleep" enhances my WLAN
power. This is the only way I manage to establish a connection from 1
meter distance (at 30-40%). Default 1000 will not work at all. Btw, Is
it important to set sysctl hw.ath.countrycode? Where do I find a table
of valid codes?

(But this is not a FreeBSD issue, in my opinion. MS-Windows seems to
have problems with the connectivity, too, even after selecting the
proper country. We don't have any other wireless networks here.
Earlier, I've had a second wireless card with wi-chipset which had
same problems with connectivity in this area.)

Because of the problem described above, 11g does not work at all, even
with lower speeds than the one currently used.

Martin