watchdogd panic when shutdown -p

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Mon Jan 24 10:55:27 PST 2005

On Jan 24, 2005, at 1:44 PM, Emanuel Strobl wrote:

> Maybe Sean Kelly can tell us how SW_WATCHDOG interacts with ACPI,
> since I
> think the problem occurs when the kernel disables ACPI, right? (just my
> "feeling")

Next chance I get I'll play with the SW_WATCHDOG and see if that stops
the problem on my boxes.  Out of sheer luck, the two that have the
problem are at my office, and the two that do not are at my co-lo.
None of the dozen 4.x boxes ever fail to reboot at the co-lo, either,
the once or twice a year I upgrade them.