Cannot build kernel with options WITNESS

Michal Kapalka fofo at hysteria.sk
Sat Jan 22 12:39:56 PST 2005

look in /usr/src/UPDATING

***
20040710:
        A revamp of the debugging code in the kernel with some visible
        changes beyond just the debugging experience:
        o  The DDB option is now specific to the DDB debugger backend
           and should not be used any more for conditional compilation
           of debugging code for when debugging is enabled. Use the KDB
           option for this.
        o  The WITNESS_DDB, DDB_TRACE and DDB_UNATTENDED options have
           been renamed to WITNESS_KDB, KDB_TRACE and KDB_UNATTENDED
           respectively. This is in line with the first bullet.
        o  The remote GDB support has been untangled from DDB and needs
           to be enabled separately now. Use the GDB option for this.
        o  The GDB_REMOTE_CHAT option has been removed. Support for this
           homegrown feature is discontinued. The GDB remote protocol
           supports console output and it makes sense to use that.
        o  The DDB_NOKLDSYM option has been removed. The DDB debugger
           now supports both direct symbol table lookups as well as KLD
           symbol lookups through the linker.
***

Best Regards fofo