Unkillable OpenOffice.org process in 5.3p2

ZsoltKúti kutizs at axelero.hu
Sun Jan 16 09:14:01 PST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:23:44 -0800
Jeffrey Williams <jeff at sailorfej.net> wrote:

> When you rebooted, was the computer actually able to halt on its own?
> Every time mine has locked up, I have had to do a hard power down, the
> OS is unable to kill the process even when halting.  I have noticed
A can confirm this on my system (5.3 RELEASE, AMD 1400+, OO
1.1.3/1.1.4, java 1.4.2-p6). My OO frequently freezes when I start a new
document or try load one (or spreadsheet or whatever). Very annoying.

> that the OO app freezes typically after having Mozilla to use java
> and/or adobe plugins, I am not sure which is the trigger yet.  I am
No Mozilla & java-adobe plugin here.

> wondering if it is a problem with the interaction between the OO and
> java, or OO the pdf libraries, or a some shared library that
> facilitates the interaction between these components.  I am afraid I
I extensively use Java applications (jEdit, DBVisualizer, jCVS, Java
Web Start and apps launched by JWS). I am going to try to experiment
with all these in mind on  Monday (at work).

Here, at home I can't reproduce this , however. Its also an AMD machine,
much faster (2600+), 5.3 B7 (latest RELEASE doesn't work unfortunately).

Bye
Zsolt