Support for Sis 755 AGP WAS: Fwd: Radeon DRI problems after system upgrade

Jonathan Fosburgh jonathan at fosburgh.org
Wed Jan 12 19:31:28 PST 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 20:55, Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 January 2005 16:42, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> > I think I screwed up the PCI ID. :-(
> >
> > Can you test the attached patch?  It's for 6-CURRENT but you get the
> > idea.
>
> It now probes correctly:
>
> agp0: <SiS 755 host to AGP bridge> mem 0xd8000000-0xdfffffff at device 0.0
> on pci0

Things are pointing a little more towards AGP.  I found a posting on x11@ by
Jung-uk Kim about testing AGP before blaming DRI.  I compiled the program and
ran it, here is what I am getting:

version: 0.0
bridge id: 0x7551039
agp_mode: 0x1f000217
aper_base: 0xe8000000
aper_size: 4
pg_total: 112640
pg_system: 112640
pg_used: 0
MTRR: e8000000/400000
entry.key : 4
ioctl(AGPIOC_BIND): Invalid argument

Apparently, the aperture is being incorrectly probed as 4M. I have it at the
smallest setting which is 32M.  Is there something I can do to force it to
the correct amount of memory?