Promise FastTrak Tx4200 & FreeBSD 5.3

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jan 11 14:14:32 PST 2005

Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> I have fired off an email to Promise support asking what the chip
> PDC20XXX string is for the TX4200. Will post any useful reply obtained.

Promise support have come back to me with the chipset. Referring to
frode's posting plus some Internet searching provides what looks like
the complete list for these cards :

TX2200 PDC20571
TX4200 PDC40519
579    PDC20579

These are probably all quite similar (as there is one Linux driver for
them all), so they may all work in -CURRENT, given PDC20571 wip is in
there (unless the different chipset names confuse detection).

regards

Mark