MFCs?

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 1 04:57:37 PST 2005

On 2005.01.01 12:17:13 +0000, Matt Dawson wrote:

> 	Is there any chance we will see the new ath, 802.11 and ITE (Gigabyte) RAID
> MFC'd into 5.x sometime in the future, or is this new stuff going to mean
> running -CURRENT?

Sam has already said that the wlan parts will not be MFC'ed since they
break the API/ABI.

I would suspect (read I don't know for sure and it's Søren's call)
that the ata changes are going to MFC'ed, but since there are some
quirks in the ata code in CURRENT at the moment, which are being
worked on, I wouldn't hold my breath for the MFC.

--
Simon L. Nielsen