FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE as cvsupdated today won't build, OS crashes

O. Hartmann ohartman at uni-mainz.de
Mon Feb 28 17:20:56 GMT 2005

Robert Watson wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, O. Hartmann wrote:
>

>>I did a cvsupdate several minutes before and tried to build world.  A
>>buildworld stops as shown below in building libkvm.
>

> This is believed to now be fixed with an updated kvm_proc.c.  If not,
> please let me know.

I did just within these minutes a cvsupdate and I can see kvm_proc.c has
been updated.

>>Also, the system is really instable after I build the kernel for itself.
>>Under heavy load, the machine get stuck and freezes.
>>
>>I have no more informations due to remote control of the system.
>

> Do you have approximate before/after dates for when the instability began?
> In particular, was it with an update in the last 48 or 96 hours?

Friday last week I did the last update. Then the machine was shut-down.
Today morning we started again, and since then (I built a kernel after
an 11 am cvsupdate and build kernel), the machine is freezing after I
tried to build world.
Maybe this is due to kernel and userland are out of sync? I try building
a world now again, hope this clears up things ...

Thanks,
Oliver