CALL FOR TESTERS: new candidate for libusb port

John Reynolds johnjen at reynoldsnet.org
Sat Feb 26 23:57:20 GMT 2005

Hello all, I know that I have been veeeeeeeeery slow in arriving at this
point. My life has been sucked away recently with a large project at work. Such
is "open source" ....

But at long last I have devoted some cycles to updating the libusb port for
FreeBSD. However, since there has been such a long cycle between updates, and
many changes to the code I wanted to roll a binary package file and have people
test out with existing apps before I submitted the PR to have the port files
themselves changed.

The version in the tree right now is 0.1.7. Johannes has released 0.1.10a just
a few weeks ago and it looks like it has many changes to the BSD code (with
what looks like some the integration of some patches which previously were
applied by the port itself).

So, for those who enjoy libusb on a daily basis like me, can you please fetch
the following:

  http://www.reynoldsnet.org/libusb-0.1.10a.tbz

and pkg_add it then test out your apps? You might have to go swizzle some soft
links in /usr/local/lib if your apps linked to libusb-0.1.so.7 because he's
changed the version number of the lib to "8" so what this pkg installs is
libusb-0.1.so.8.

I only use libusb with a single application to snarf pictures off my digital
camera, but I'm sure others use it for many other things. The wider the
testing, the better. I will roll the port changes and have them ready to
send-pr if I receive all "thumbs up" messages.

Thank you,

-Jr

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen at reynoldsnet.org        www.reynoldsnet.org
Structural / Physical Design - ICG/PNG SCD     jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
Running FreeBSD since 2.1.5-RELEASE.               FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
"Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses."