Any hosting companies offering FreeBSD 5.3 yet?

Sam Nilsson sam at servingpeace.com
Sat Feb 26 10:35:56 GMT 2005

John Pettitt wrote:
> I'm thinking about moving one of my servers to a new home (it's
> currently at servepath.com on a FreeBSD 5.0 box) - does anybody know of
> a reputable hosting company that's offering 5.3 boxes?
>
> John

I emailed servepath.com about this very question a while back, and they
replied that they would install whichever FreeBSD version I wanted
including 5.3-Release. I don't know anything about servepath.com (I'm
not a customer), but I would say, don't move providers unless you are
unhappy with the service ;-).

As far as other providers go, I can't comment on the quality or
reputation of these services because I haven't made use of any of them
(yet). That said, here is what I found when I looked for this a month or
so ago:

   -- http://www.netsonic.net/freebsd-pkgs.php
   -- http://www.nocster.com/servers.shtml

Maybe there are others now that the 5.3 branch has been stabilizing for
a while. Hopefully the 5.4 Release will be adopted by many dedicated
hosting providers. I know that I plan to look for a 5.4 system in the
coming months.

Let me know if you find others that I didn't mention.
- Sam Nilsson