Tarpitting Spam Traffic using PF...

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bgnett.no
Wed Feb 23 08:49:42 GMT 2005

Forrest Aldrich <forrie at forrie.com> writes:

> I read about the spamd redirect in pf.conf.

PF's spamd works rather well, but it will never be better than the
weakest data source.  spamd does greylisting as well, which I think is
possibly quite as useful as the tarpitting in stopping spam from
entering your system.  Then again, the tarpitting part is sometimes a
bit entertaining at least.

My take on this with some comments on our experience here can be found
at http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/spamd.html, which is part of my pf
tutorial (starting at http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/ or
http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/no/ if your Norwegian is better than your
English)