{Spam?} Re: can't get a crash dump

Roberto Nunnari roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch
Tue Feb 22 14:52:11 GMT 2005

Roberto Nunnari wrote:

>> Kris Kennaway wrote:

>>> You can remove KDB_UNATTENDED from your kernel configuration, and it
>>> should drop to DDB when it panics, so you can catch the panic then.
>>>

>> I don't have KDB_UNATTENDED in my kernel configuration..
>>
>> if you would like to give it a look you'll find it here:
>> http://www.nunnisoft.ch/JUPITER
>> and here is my rc.conf:
>> http://www.nunnisoft.ch/rc.conf
>>
>> but I just found out something was wrong with perl..
>> I had perl 5.6.2 and perl-5.8.6_2.. but calling
>> use.perl system would let me without any soft links
>> in /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin, while use.perl port
>> would create links for 5.6.2.. so I deinstalled 5.6.2
>> and portupgrade -f 5.8.6.. hope that fixes something..
>> I'll let you know.
>

> That alone didn't fix anything.. but:
> fix awstats configuration (that uses perl)
> and
> removed linprocfs /compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw 0 0
> from /etc/fstab
>
> seems to have fixed it.. at least it hasn't crashed for the
> last nearly two days...

hehe.. talked to early.. just had another crash.. and as usual
it didn't dump, and it didn't enter ddb.. it just reset!

I have no more clues.. ideas anyone?

I somehow got the impression that it happens when there's
a ssh/ssl connection.

Any hints?

--
               Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
                mailto:roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch
  Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana
              Dipartimento Tecnologie Innovative
                   http://www.dti.supsi.ch
  SUPSI-DTI
  Via Cantonale                        tel: +41-91-6108561
  6928 Manno                 """       fax: +41-91-6108570
  Switzerland               (o o)