UPDATE2: ATA mkIII first official patches - please test!

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Mon Feb 21 18:07:17 PST 2005

Søren Schmidt <sos at DeepCore.dk> wrote:

> Søren Schmidt wrote:
[...]
> New version available for testing:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3l.diff-releng5.gz
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3l.diff-current.gz
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3l.tar.gz
>
> This time the diff must be reapplied as there are new changes in
> there.

What is the plan on this?

If I test, then I have a "one-off" - is this something that if it passes
will be MFC'd back into STABLE, is it slated as an optional ATA driver set
(e.g. choose at kernel build time), or???

I have problems with some SATA boards taking write errors, but not the
onboard motherboard controllers on two systems I have here.  The PCI cards,
however, do it reliably.  These boards worked well under 4.x, and so for me
anyway 5.x is a step backward in this regard.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org		Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net		SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!